I’m an art and art history graduate and performer, and somewhat of a producer/facilitator currently based in London. I live off arts admin. The ‘h’ in ‘Rohanne’ is silent.
My work is largely performative, but stretches across sound, video and text. I utilise instructions and automated systems in my work – developed from a play between everyday natural movements and mechanized or choreographed actions. Playing with rules and the language used to systematise, classify and control, I aim to investigate how structures and instructions can simultaneously allure, motivate and constrain us in both performance and everyday life.
The University of Edinburgh. 2009 – 2014: Fine Art MA (Hons) (Undergraduate Degree) First Class, History of Art and Intermedia.
L’école supérieure des arts décoratifs de Strasbourg. September 2011 – January 2012: Erasmus. Pole Art: Hors Format (Open Format) and Phonon Lab (Sound Lab).
COURSES AND MASTER CLASSES
- Summer Intensive: Rhyme or Reason, Improvisation, Notation and Score: June 2015, Collective Gallery, Edinburgh. Bursary artist.
- Tighter Than Tights GIF: April 2014, Rhubaba, Edinburgh.
- Master Class with David Sherry: November 2013, ECA, Edinburgh.
- Clowning with Plutôt La Vie: November 2012, St Margaret’s Art Complex, Edinburgh.
- Buffon with Plutôt La Vie: December 2012, St Margaret’s Art Complex, Edinburgh.
- The Ensemble Sense with Ewan Dowie: May 2011, The Arches, Glasgow.
- Steven Campbell Masterclass with Bruce McLean: March 2011, Whitespace, Edinburgh.
EXHIBITIONS AND LIVE ART
Selected group exhibitions:
- Best of the Degree Show. July 2014: Six Foot Gallery, Glasgow
- Gortex. Janurary 2014: An Tobar, Tobermory, Mull.
- Fresh Cream. December 2013: India Buildings, Edinburgh.
- Office Space. October 2012: Clarendon House, Edinburgh.
- Inaugural Pursuit. March 2012: The Old Ambulance Depot, Edinburgh.
- Exchange Boulevard No.5. January 2012: Le Syndicat Potentiel, Strasbourg, France.
- Le Club Electrogène: ‘Sentimental Market’ in support of La Ribot’s ‘Laughing Hole’ – November 2011: L’école supérieure des arts décoratifs de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
- Ragged Arts (with The Ragged University). August 2011: St Margaret’s Arts Complex, Edinburgh.
With Paul Hughes:
- Partner Dances for One. September 2015: Camden People’s Theatre, London.
- Floorplan//Here or Now. September 2015: Rich Mix, London.
- Imaginary Festivals Project. July – August 2014: The Yard Theatre, London and Forest Fringe, Out of the Blue, Edinburgh.
- JOBCENTRESUPERPLUS. March 2013: 37 Castle Terrace, Edinburgh.
Directed as Good Punch:
- Good Punch at Kelburn Garden Party. July 2015: Kelburn Garden Party, Kelburn.
- The Main Yvette. January 2015: The Arches, Glasgow. And August 2015: theSpaceUK@Surgeon’s Hall, Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- Feedback at Kelburn Garden Party. July 2014: Kelburn Garden Party, Kelburn.
- Let’s Go! December 2013: SmashLab XIV, The Book Club, London and April 2014: Fresh Cream, India Buildings, Edinburgh.
- Now Look Here. December 2013: Pilrig St Paul’s, Edinburgh.
- Space to Look at Things. March 2013: The Project Space, ECA, Edinburgh.
- Hospitalfield Interdisciplinary Residency. November 2015: Arbroath, Scotland.
As Good Punch:
- The Owl Barn. June 2014: Cirencester, Gloucester.
With Paul Hughes:
- The New Wolsey Theatre. April 2015: Ipswich.
- Helen A Rose Bequest for Distinguished Work. June 2014: Awarded by Edinburgh College of Art.
- Best of the Degree Show 2014. May 2014: Awarded by Six Foot Gallery.